Due to recent growth, CH Reed Inc. is actively seeking Field Service Professionals.
Interested candidates should review the job functions and qualifications below.
Job Description & Summary
Field Service Professional – Compressed Air Service Technician
Under the general direction of the Service Manager and Senior Service Technician, Field Service Professionals install, test, adjust, and perform preventive maintenance and repairs on a variety of air compressors and equipment sold by C. H. Reed, Inc. In consultation with management where appropriate, independent judgment is frequently required in coordinating projects, setting priorities, and analyzing air compressor problems. The scope of job responsibilities is diverse and complex. The quality of decisions made contributes to the success of the company and to the positive image of C.H. Reed, Inc.
- Perform preventive maintenance and analyze the performance of various types of air compressors; including piston, rotary screw, centrifugal, and various types of air dryers and other air system components.
- Involves a comprehensive knowledge of the compressor’s mechanical systems and understanding of customer needs.
- Analysis results in repair, enhancement, or replacement of equipment with a focus on the best operational needs for the customer.
- Accurately and legibly completes paper work. (Preparation of quotes, work orders, warranty work, parts/equipment orders, office communications, time sheets, etc.)
- Assists Sales Department in determining customer needs.
- Practices good housekeeping at shop location, in vehicles, with tools, and at customer locations.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Work as a team member, support co-workers and the company as a whole.
- Cultivate and build customer relationships. (You are the face of the C.H. Reed)
- Executes on-site troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repairs.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to respond verbally and in writing in a polite, clear and concise manner with customers, distributors, manufacturers, coworkers and the general public.
- Requires walking and standing 80% of work time; sitting, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping to access equipment continuously throughout the work day; ability to operate equipment needed to repair/install compressors; ability to safety operate commercial vehicles.
- Ability to move 50+ lbs. continually through the workday
- Exposure to: odors/fumes of ammonia, thinner, cleaners and paints, 80% of work time; high noise levels; all of which requiring proper protection.
- Potential for poor working conditions at customer location, including heat/cold, high noise levels, poor lighting, poor ventilation; exposure to extreme weather conditions when working on customer’s outside equipment.
- Exposure to medical waste products requiring protective clothing when working in health care environment.
- Requires participation in continuing education programs offered by equipment manufacturers and distributors
- Driven / self-motivated.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Universal EPA refrigeration certified.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing refrigeration systems.
- Strong electrical and control understanding.
- Willing to work overtime, when required.
- Willing to travel overnight, when required.
- Willing to get very dirty at times.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- North Western, PA
- Central, PA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Cleveland, OH
- Baltimore, MD
- Fredericksburg, VA