Oil-Free Air Compressor Maintenance
Oil-free air compressor maintenance and periodic service is integral for equipment reliability, longevity, and optimal energy efficiency. Though oil-free air compressors require less routine maintenance than oil-lubricated compressors, they're still a mechanical machine with internal moving parts; so periodic service and up-keep is a necessity.
It is true that with its simple design and no lubrication to deal with, maintenance for an oil-free air compressor is much less complicated than for some other types of compressors, but that is all the more reason you should make sure that whatever maintenance is required is done regularly and thoroughly.
C.H. Reed Is Your Reliable Source for Oil-Free Air Compressor Maintenance
While there are simple steps you can take on a regular basis to keep your oil-free compressor running correctly, it’s also a good idea to schedule professional maintenance from time to time. Whether you have an oil-free reciprocating compressor, oil-free rotary screw compressor, oil-free scroll compressor, or oil-free centrifugal compressor, C.H. Reed is your trusted partner to professionally service and maintain your oil-free air compressed air system in accordance to the manufacturer's specifications.
Types of Oil-Free Air Compressor Maintenance
We can perform your oil-free air compressor maintenance rather quickly and efficiently due to our vast experience and the simplicity oil-free compressor designs. Maintenance issues we may address include:
- Checking V-Belts: Remove V-belts to make sure they are at the proper tension to avoid excessive wear and replace them.
- Air Intake Filter: When air comes into the compression chamber, the air intake filter makes sure no contaminants that could damage the cylinder come in with it. We can check if your filters need cleaning or replacing for you.
- Noise/Vibration Inspection: Although oil-free compressors tend to be noisier and vibrate more than oil-using compressors, there is a possibility of too much noise or vibration. We can inspect the unit and find the source of excessive vibration or noise — should it exist.
- Cleaning Components: Components that are carrying debris could prevent proper heat dissipation or interfere with the appropriate operation of the compressor. It is essential to give components a thorough cleaning.
- Unloader Valve and Discharge Check Valve: A visual and audible check should be made weekly to ensure compressor unloading is properly taking place.
- Bearing Greasing: For rotary screw compressors, bearing greasing is usually required between 5,000 to 10,000 hours, depending on operating pressure. For reciprocating compressors, re-greasing of the wrist pin bearings is around 5,000 to 8,000.
- Piston Ring and Tip Seal Replacement: Eventually, piston rings on reciprocating compressors will normally require replacing between 6,000 - 8,000 hours. Tip seals on rotary compressors should be replaced between 8,000 to 10,000 hours.
- Oil-Free Centrifugal Compressor Maintenance: To learn more about proper service and maintenance on centrifugal compressors, click here.
These are just a few of the maintenance tasks we can perform to make sure your oil-free air compressor is at its best.
Contact C.H. Reed, Inc. for Oil-Free Air Compressor Repair, Maintenance or other Service in PA, OH, MD, DE, VA, WV and Beyond
Whether you need a new oil-free air compressor or service on an existing unit, C.H. Reed is the partner for you. In locations like Milton, PA, Erie, PA, Hanover, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, and Cleveland, OH, we are the air compressor experts making sure your oil-free air compressor is well-maintained is simple, affordable, and can save you a lot of headaches down the road. Contact the experts at C.H. Reed for all your oil-free compressed air maintenance and routine services.