To have the best trained, highest motivated, and most professional team in our trading market. All team members are passionate to deliver service with a sense of urgency that exceeds customer expectations.
Amazing people need a purpose, not just a paycheck. Our employees share the same assumptions, values, and beliefs aligned with our strategic vision. We embrace the key capacities that will drive the future of business and strive to recruit & develop top professionals who continually raise the industry “average.” At C.H. Reed, operational excellence isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.
Current Job Opportunities
Job Title: Compressed Air Service Technician
Location: Monroeville, PA
Reports To: Service Manager
Under general direction of Service Manager and Senior Service Technician – Installs, tests, adjusts, performs preventive maintenance and repairs a variety of air compressors sold by C.H. Reed. In consultation with management where appropriate, independent judgment is frequently required in coordinating projects, setting priorities and analyzing air compressor problems. The scope of job responsibilities is diverse and complex. The quality of decisions made contributes to the success of the company and to the positive image of the C.H. Reed brand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Makes service calls to perform preventive maintenance or to analyze the malfunction of various types of air compressors, including piston/rotary screw/centrifugal and various types of air dryers and other air system components.
- Maintenance and analysis of problems involves comprehensive knowledge of the compressors mechanical systems and understanding of customer needs.
- Analysis results in repair/enhancement/replacement of equipment, focusing on the best operational needs of the customer.
- May require set-up of temporary compressors.
- Via the telephone – trouble shoots with customers to diagnose compressor problem, consults with manufacturers to determine solution to unusual problems.
- Accurately and legibly completes paper work, including preparation of quotes, work orders, warranty work, parts/equipment orders, office communications, time sheets, etc.
- Assists Sales Department in determining customer needs, by providing information on various equipment performance efficiencies and customer applications as requested.
- May collect payment, including cash, for C.O.D. arrangements.
- Practices good housekeeping at shop location, in vehicles, with tools and at customer locations.
- Complies with company policies and procedures, including company mission statement, business philosophy, safe work practices and quality commitment.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES, THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
- Ability to perform as a team member and through positive words and actions, support co-workers and the company.
- Ability to respond verbally and in writing in a polite, clear and concise manner with customers, distributors, manufacturers, coworkers and the general public.
- Requires walking and standing 80% of work time; sitting, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping to access equipment continuously throughout the work day; ability to operate equipment needed to repair/install compressors; ability to safety operate commercial vehicles.
- Ability to move 50+ lbs. continually through the workday and to move, on occasion, up to 1,000 lbs. utilizing an electric hoist.
- Exposure to: odors/fumes of ammonia, thinner, cleaners and paints, 80% of work time; high noise levels requiring hearing protection; and high voltage.
- Potential for poor working conditions at customer location, including heat/cold, high noise levels, poor lighting, poor ventilation; exposure to extreme weather conditions when working on customer’s outside equipment.
- Exposure to medical waste products requiring protective clothing when working in health care environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must possess a fundamental understanding and application of air compressor systems, parts lists, operations manuals and manufacturer’s specification. Proficient in some of the following disciplines, while requiring assistance from other technicians, in sheet metal applications, electrical wiring of control panels, pipe fitting, plumbing, reading of blue prints, use of equipment instrumentation and machining equipment including lathes, saws, drills and welding. Knowledge and proficiency is obtained through two years of vocational training in industrial machinery or from equivalent on-the-job training programs offered by equipment manufacturers or distributors, along with a minimum of 3 years of work experience demonstrating an advanced level of skill. Requires participation in continuing education programs offered by equipment manufacturers and distributors. Requires the availability to be on-call evenings/weekends per schedule or in emergency situations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of duties and responsibilities of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities and skills required. C. H. Reed Inc. reserves the right to unilaterally, and at any time, modify this Job Description. If you are interested in exploring this position and a future with C.H. Reed, please email a detailed resume including work experience, skill set and salary history to Kyle Wertman: firstname.lastname@example.org. C.H. Reed offers a competitive wage and benefit package. C.H. Reed is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about C.H. Reed, visit and browse the website, www.chreed.com.
Job Title: Account Managers – Field Sales Specialists for our Finishing and Fluid Handling Products and Systems.
Locations: Northeastern PA, Cleveland OH, and Central VA.
Reports to: Director of Sales – Finishing and Fluid Handling Group
C.H. Reed, a leading independent industrial solutions and service provider in the mid-Atlantic region, is seeking Field Sales candidates to further develop our sales team for our Northeastern PA, Cleveland, OH, and Central VA territories. Both entry level as well as experienced individuals will be considered for these opportunities. Account Managers work closely with existing accounts to develop trusting partnerships in providing solutions to their challenges. Accountability for developing new accounts and business are also expected based on territory and corporate initiatives.
• Develop, maintain and grow business partnerships with identified key accounts and strategically identified target accounts.
• Introduce new products, services and ideas to these partners for mutual benefit.
• Coordinate and Utilize Application Specialist and Engineered Service Group to help penetrate and expand sales and services to key opportunities and accounts.
• Actively work with key vendor representatives to introduce new products and ideas to end user base as well as develop strong relationships with these key vendor representatives.
• Experience – Entry level position – none required but sales skills preferable.
• IT Skills – Multiple web-based, ERP and Windows platforms utilized for maintaining and using CRM. Social media skills for networking and communicating.
• Excellent Customer Service Skills – Interactions with customers, vendors, co-workers.
• Excellent Organization – Scheduling service work and multiple process flows.
• Focus – Stay on-task and work through distractions.
• Accuracy – Attention to detail needed for managing CRM, quotations and communicating customer needs and requirements to internal support personnel.
• Critical Thinking Skills – Ability to “think-on-your-feet” and take the initiative to get the job done. The ability to problem-solve, a sharp memory and creative thinking is imperative.
• Training – Willingness to be continually trained in product, computer and technology skills. Strong desire to utilize self-improvement opportunities.
• Multitasking – Ability to handle multiple tasks while prioritizing importance.
If you are interested in exploring this position and a future with C.H. Reed, please email a detailed resume including work experience, skill set and salary history to Brian Shaffer:email@example.com We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about C.H. Reed, visit and browse our website, www.chreed.com.