Manufacturers across all industries depend heavily on vacuum pumps to deliver volumetric capacities to meet requirements for the most demanding applications. C.H. Reed can provide you the winning combination of vacuum and compressed air technologies to meet your demands and save you money.
A vacuum air compressor is a specific type of air compressor that combines the suction power of a vacuum pump with compressed air technology. They are frequently used for applications that require a powerful vacuum (holding, lifting, moving, shaping, forming, preserving, clean environment requirements, packaging, chemical degassing, and much more) Common industry examples include food & beverage, medical & dental, woodworking (routing applications), commercial printing, chemical degassing, energy, plastics, textile, automotive, and much more.
How Does Vacuum Compressor Technology Work?
Vacuum air compressors — or compressed air vacuum pumps, work according to something called the Bernoulli Principle — which refers to the consistent indirect relationship between velocity and pressure, that is to say, high-velocity fluid results in low pressure. In a vacuum air compressor, an industrial vacuum compressor pump forces air through an orifice, which increases the air’s velocity and, hence, lowers its air pressure. When the ambient air outside tries to create a state of equilibrium, it mixes with the higher speed air that is generating the low pressure, with the combined air leaving through the exhaust.
If you need a vacuum compressor for your industry applications, we highly recommend Quincy Compressor Vacuum Pumps.
Quincy Vacuum Pumps
Quincy is a known leader among vacuum compressor manufacturers. Quincy vacuum pumps are used by companies around the globe due to their extreme reliability and unmatched performance. Click the links below to learn more about each type or simply contact us.
- Quincy QSV Vacuum Pump
- Quincy QCV Vacuum Pump
- Quincy QLR Vacuum Pump
- Quincy QV Vacuum Pump
- Quincy QVMS Vacuum Pump Series
Types of Vacuum Pumps
- Rotary Vane: The rotary vane industrial vacuum pump is one of the most popular types. It works with a series of rotating vanes that extend and form compression cells as they rotate.
- Rotary Screw: Rotary screw vacuum pumps work with two parallel screws inside the housing of the pump that turn in opposite directions to generate compression. This is a pumping-chamber-oil-free type of vacuum compressor.
- Articulated Piston: This is a piston-operated vacuum pump that draws air in as it moves down into the cylinder.
- Claw: Claw pumps work with two rotors that turn to move air from the suction side over to the pressure side, creating a pressure disparity that compresses the air.
- Liquid Ring: These vacuum pumps work through the use of a liquid ring that rotates and seals the pump’s impeller and its blades, which are rotating inside the pump casing. As the impeller rotates, it compresses air.
If you’re not sure which type of vacuum compressor you need, just give us a call at 800-692-7216. We will be happy to help you find the right vacuum pump for your specific application.
C.H. Reed Has the Vacuum Pumps You Need in PA, OH, DE, MD, VA, WV and Throughout the East Coast
If you need a vacuum compressor you can rely on, get in touch with C.H. Reed. We are experts in all types of compressed air systems, service, repair, and planned maintenance programs; which we owe to our 70 years in the business. We are happy to go into more detail with you, learn about your goals and objectives and help you identify the right vacuum pump solution or vacuum compressor maintenance plan for your facility. We are conveniently located throughout Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Southern New York, and Ohio with branch locations in Erie, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Milton, PA, Hanover, PA, and Cleveland, OH. Eliminate guess-work, contact us today!