Air Compressor Oil and Lubricant
Unless you have an oil-free compressor, your equipment will require lubrication to keep it running smoothly. Air compressor oil performs several functions — it lubricates the moving parts to minimize the effects of wear and tear, keeps the motor and components cool, removes heat from the compression and acts as a sealant to prevent air leakage. Weak or neglected compressor lubricant can impact the performance of your equipment, cause mechanical breakdowns and even shorten your compressor's lifespan.
As a full-service supplier of high-quality compressed air equipment for decades, you can trust C.H. Reed to carry the right air compressor lubricating oil for your make and model. We offer lubricant from leading brands such as Summit, Quincy, FS-Elliott, and our own private label oil. We can also provide expert guidance in selecting the right oil for your machines.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Compressor Lubricant
Along with the manufacturer's guidelines, operating conditions play a crucial role in lubricant selection. In general, you should opt for a higher-weight oil when using your compressor in a warmer environment and a lower-weight product in colder temperatures. Other factors to consider include the lubricant's ability to shed water and protect against corrosion, the level of oxidation stability it provides and whether you can filter it without depleting its essential additives.
Summit & Quincy Air Compressor Oil and Lubricant
We can provide several types of lubricant products to our customer base including:
- Aftermarket fluids: We feature aftermarket fluids from Quincy and Summit that are formulated to enhance the efficiency and reliability of various air compressor models.
- Rotary screw compressor fluids: We feature synthetic lubricants from Quincy and Summit that provide extended oil life when used in rotary screw compressors.
- Reciprocating compressor fluids: We can provide synthetic oils from Summit and Quincy that will prevent carbon accumulation on reciprocating compressor valves and significantly reduce oil feed rates.
- Centrifugal compressor fluids: FS-Elliott lubricants for centrifugal air compressors feature a fluid life of up to 24,000 hours, ensuring long-lasting protection for your equipment.
- Food-grade products: Food-grade oil is a mineral-based product that can meet the requirements of food processing compressed air applications. We offer Summit, Quincy and FS-Elliott food-grade products for centrifugal compressors.
- Degreasers and descalers: These Summit products will remove oil, grease, limescale and other materials that can accumulate on compressed air equipment and impact its performance.
Our Planned Maintenance Services Can Ensure the Health of Your Air Compressor Oil
C.H. Reed offers a variety of flexible scheduled maintenance programs that can keep your air compressors in peak operating condition. We can analyze the quality of your compressor lubricant and change it if necessary. Regular service is the best way to prevent minor mechanical issues from becoming major — and expensive — repair headaches.
Learn More About Air Compressor Oil and Lubricant Selection
C.H. Reed operates facilities in Hanover, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Milton, PA, Erie, PA and Cleveland, OH to serve our customers in PA, OH, MD, DE, WV and VA. To learn more about our compressor lubricant products or schedule a convenient service appointment, contact us today.