April 12, 2023
Case Study: Custom Shipping Container Compressed Air System
SHARE THIS POST
Custom Shipping Container Compressed Air System
- The customer’s primary air compressor, a competitor’s brand 75 HP variable speed compressor, was no longer able to support their production demands while operating at full capacity.
- Because of this, they were temporarily running a 100 HP rental air compressor with the 75 HP unit as a backup.
- C.H. Reed data-logged the rental compressor and recorded the facility’s current air requirement at 227 CFM with the air compressor operating at 66% capacity.
- With reliability and efficiency being two drivers for this customer, along with the ability to scale in the future, we recommended 2 Quincy Compressor QGV-100 Rotary Screw Compressors. This way, they had a unit for back up and could alternate run times between the two.
- The system would also include a Quincy QPNC-530 Refrigerated Air Dryer, proper filtration, and a condensate separator sized to accommodate one air compressor.
- One issue the customer had before starting this project was room for the new compressors. We proposed a quick and easy solution to install the new compressors in a custom, modular shipping/storage container. Not only would this save internal real estate for them, but it provides a sheltered environment for the equipment, protecting from any dust, dirt, oil, and moisture from the production process.
- The custom modular setup would include two 20’ standard height shipping containers constructed into one enclosure, two sets of barn-style access doors for easy maintenance, and all the necessary gravity dampers, exhaust fans, led lighting, electrical outlets, plugs for thermostatically controlled heaters, and ductwork.
- Transair Compressed Air Piping was installed, interconnecting the new equipment to their existing air receiver right inside the building.
- Along with Quincy Compressor’s industry leading 10-year airend warranty for the QGV compressors, we setup Quincy ICONS monitoring system, giving them the ability to receive monthly service emails, machine service status, online performance dashboards, and service logging.
C. H. Reed, Inc. has been awarded a pending PATENT number by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). The title of the invention is: “Automatic CARC waterborne or water based paint or coating…
C. H. Reed is proud to announce it’s relationship with Garage-Pak as it’s virtual retailer. Garage-Pak is an innovative packaged air and fluid piping solution designed for the home and professional shop owner.
Remember way back in January of 2008 when the EPA released its new rules and regulations for HAP compliance for Paint Stripping and Surface Coatings? Well, that is finally coming to fruition, and if you…